Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sylvia is 2 years, 2 months

If I can ever get myself to update this thing on any day other than the 27th, I may stop celebrating every month. But that day is not today! So, another month, another post...

It's been a big month for our little girl! A week ago, I would not have expected to be saying this today, but Sylvia is potty trained! It's still new and requires a lot of attention, but she's doing amazingly. When we started the process, I thought that the best case scenario would involve us being housebound for a few weeks, but she's doing so well that we've been able to go on several outings and playdates - without incident! I am just crazy proud of her!

This month also included Sylvia's first flight with her very own seat. We went to Oregon for a reunion / anniversary party. Sylvia was soo happy to be surrounded by family.

She had a great time, and it was wonderful seeing how much fun she had with her cousins.




And the pool was awesome!


Generally, Sylvia has just been more and more aware and independent. Here she is, admiring herself in the mirror after requesting "kip... kip... kip... kip...."


...She'll start taking them out in about 5 seconds...

1 comment:

darwinkilledgod said...

In the pool picture she really looks like her parents! A strange genetic hybrid of my two friends! What the hell?